2709 N Teutonia Gardens Ave., Milwaukee, WI 53206
Teutonia Gardens is an innovative mixed-use development in Milwaukee’s urban center that incorporates an existing neighborhood barbershop, an urban garden, and 24 units of residential living with a fitness center and business center.
The project was certified as “Green Built” through the Wisconsin Environmental Initiative and is the first development in Wisconsin to offer residents the opportunity of working with an urban garden. In 2008, Teutonia Gardens was granted the Mayor’s design award.
- Horizon’s Role: General Contractor
- Project Type: Residential, Mixed Use
- Client: Maures Development
- Architect: Knothe & Bruce
- Year Completed: 2008
- Size: 45,488 square feet
- Retail: 7200 square feet
- Units: 24
- Building Components: 2-story residential over retail