600 Thilmany Road Kaukauna, WI 54130
Expera Specialty Solutions
Expera Specialty Solutions is the nation’s largest manufacturer of specialty coated papers and employs more than 1,800 individuals across Wisconsin.
The Historic Eagle Mill, believed by many to be the first paper mill in Wisconsin to use wood pulp in the manufacturing of paper, was constructed in various stages between 1872 and 1890. The building was renovated in 2015 with the help of local, state, and federal Historic Tax Credits.
Expera chose to move its headquarters into the top floor of the renovated structure, which features great views of the Fox River.
Horizon worked directly with Expera executives and their designers throughout the design process to ensure the project would come in within the defined project budget.
- Horizon’s Role: Developer, General Contractor
- Project Type: Commercial, Renovation
- Client: Expera Specialty Solutions
- Architect: Performa, Inc.
- Year Completed: 2015
- Size: 24,408 square feet
- Building Components: The completed offices feature exposed stone walls, original structure and exposed wood ceilings soaring to heights of 25 feet above the office floor. Brick tuckpointing.