101 & 102 Frost Woods Rd, Monona, WI 53716
Frost Woods I & II Senior Apartments & Retail
Conveniently located at the junction of Frost Woods Road and Monona Drive, the Frost Woods development consists of two senior apartment buildings and a 16,000 square foot retail center. This site was formerly an Eagle Grocery Store and then a Kohl’s Food Store before its redevelopment.
This public/private partnership project overcame several challenges, including environmental abatement, demolition, on-site and off-site stormwater management, and tax incremental financing.
Frost Woods I has 67 income-eligible apartment homes, while Frost Woods II has 51 market-rate apartment homes. The community includes amenities like a clubroom, fitness center, and a business center for resident use. Individual apartments include a fireplace in select units.
- Horizon’s Role: Developer, General Contractor, Property Manager
- Project Type: Residential, Commercial
- Client: Horizon
- Architect: EUA
- Year Completed: 2004
- Size: 16,000 square feet retail; 142,800 square feet residential
- Units: 67 (FWII) 51 (FWI); 118 total units
- Building Components: Residential – 3-story wood frame over parking garage