150 Great Wolf Drive Fitchburg, MA 01420
Great Wolf Lodge – New England
The project encountered difficult site conditions consisting of ledge rock, glacial till, and boulders. Site crews performed blasting and over-excavated unsuitable material.
Due to the complexity of the sitework, Horizon worked with the site contractor and negotiated an unclassified site in order to protect the owner. When the project was completed, Horizon returned $175,000 in savings back to the owner.
The completed water park expansion features a tornado slide, lazy river, body slides, tube slides, a game room, a play structure, animatronics, and concession and beverage bars.
- Horizon’s Role: General Contractor
- Project Type: Hospitality, Renovation
- Client: Great Wolf Resorts
- Architect: ADCI
- Year Completed: 2014
- Size: 26,000 square feet waterpark expansion
- Units: 406; 325 renovated rooms, 81-key hotel and family entertainment center
- Building Components: Constructed a connector linking all of the buildings