215 Grand Avenue, Merrill, WI 54452
Park Place and Westgate Apartments
The project included extensive renovation at the 7-story Park Place building, a new 3-story residential building, and minor renovation at Westgate Apartments. The property was constructed in 1969 with unit configurations that are no longer competitive in the market.
One-bedroom units are estimated at approximately 385 square feet and present significant leasing and accessibility challenges for the property. An extensive renovation is proposed that would combine spaces within the building to construct adequately sized one-bedroom units. With the large-scale renovation at the existing facility and proposed new construction product, Park Place will be in a position to offer competitive, accessible units to current and future residents for decades to come.
This project’s unique design was completed providing for 54 residential dwelling units within the existing building footprint. The remaining 38 units would be replaced with new construction units on property owned by the Merrill Housing Authority directly across the street.
Community amenities at Park Place include a clubroom, exercise room, and laundry facilities.
- Horizon’s Role: Developer, General Contractor
- Project Type: Residential, Renovation
- Project Categories: Multifamily, Tax Credit
- Architect: JLA
- Year Completed: 2018
- Size: 57,418 square feet Park Place, 38,213 square feet Stonebridge, Westgate 11,000 square feet
- Units: 91 units renovated to 54 (Park Place); 38 units (Stonebridge), 10 units (Westgate)
- Building Components: 7-story concrete structure (Park Place); new 3-story wood frame over underground parking (Stonebridge)