350 Gyorr Ave., South Elgin, IL 60177
Springs at South Elgin
The Springs at South Elgin is on 31 acres of site development including infrastructure, detentions basins and landscaping. With a budget of $38.8 million, this community was completed in December 2018 and marked Horizon’s fourth partnership with Continental Properties.
The property consists of fifteen 2-story, 20-unit buildings totaling 300 units. In addition, it has a clubhouse, maintenance building, resort-style pool, pool house, fitness center, pet playground, pet spa area, car care area, and an outdoor BBQ area. Tenants were able to move into completed units while construction still took place.
Within individual apartments, tenants enjoy amenities including private entrances, granite countertops, kitchen islands, and attached garages.
- Horizon’s Role: General Contractor
- Project Type: Residential
- Client: Continental Properties
- Architect: Kahler Slater
- Year Completed: 2018
- Size: 371,000 square feet
- Units: 300
- Building Components: 15 20-unit buildings, two-story, wood-frame with cement board siding, brick veneer, asphalt shingle roof system, slab on grade, 30 single-stall garage bays